Obviously, besides the cost, the biggest obstacle in establishing last mile networks is time which in this time of the global pandemic is essential as never before. Deploying fiber or coaxial networks takes time and that cannot be circumvented. One can lay fiber, obtain all the permits, equipment, manpower only so fast. There is no magical way around it.
For that reason, operators are very strongly looking into tapping Fixed Wireless Access for their new networks in these unprecedented times.
There are different ways to approach Fixed Wireless Access, while there are several micro cell solutions on the market, Globtel with our marketing leading solution in terms of capacity – AIR Gigaray series, is ready to support operators on the macro cell level.
The AIR Gigaray series is mimicking a cable network wirelessly supporting any service that is available on wired networks ranging from Ultra high speed broadband to IPTV or DVB, VoIP etc.
A few factors that differentiate the AIR Gigaray series, apart from its cost efficiency and seamless integration into existing networks and small footprints on the tower site without any requirement for air-conditioned indoor rooms are:
- 4.7 Gbps downlink and 2.7 Gbps uplink capacity per 90 degree sector
- Physical limitation of 2000 users per one sector
- Coverage range of up to 50 kilometers (30 miles) depending on frequency
- Support for all most common frequencies available for FWA (10 GHz, 12 GHz, 24 GHz, 26 GHz, 28 GHz, 31 GHz, 36-39 GHz, 47 GHz, 60 GHz, 70 GHz and 80 GHz)
- Excess of 1 Gbps capacity to the end user
So, in what cases would AIR Gigaray come into play:
- Extension of fiber and/or cable plants where density makes wired networks unfeasible
- Deploying fixed access networks fast and connect a high number of users quickly
- Upgrading legacy DSL networks to provide state of the art connectivity
- Provide secondary connectivity for enterprise customers
For more information, please download a whitepaper on the solution HERE.
Reach out at email@example.com for further details!